Parent and Player Conduct
The MIGB Player and a parent conduct is designed to clarify and define the expectations of our players and parents. We are committed to promoting the development of self-esteem, fitness, and technical and tactical basketball skills in an age appropriate, positive, healthy, safe educational and enjoyable environment. The goal to win is secondary to that of teaching to be successful throughout their lives. Each MIGB team depends on the support and cooperation of the player and parents to help fulfill this mission.
MIGB expects our partner and players to act in a respectful, controlled, and courteous manner at all events. This includes but is not limited to practices, games and tournaments. As a part of this program, we are representing MIGB and the community. Overall, we expect our parents to maintain control of their emotions at all times and refrain from publicly criticizing the officials or any players. Public outbursts reflect poorly on our program and set a bad example of or our kids.
Our coaches are empowered with full MIGB board support and have the poser to ask players or parents to leave the gym if their conduct is unacceptable.
* serve as a positive role model for their child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
* will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent.
* do not draw attention from the players during…that’s what the coach is for. Please refrain form coaching your child or other players during games and practices.
* respect the officials…even when they get it wrong. They are human.
* will show respect to all coaches, game officials, parents, teammates and opposing players at all times and will never act in a manner that is disrespectful to them or the team.
* will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score or situation by acting in a positive manner towards coaches, officials and other players.
* will respect the game and give it their all during practices and games.
* will be committed to being a team player.